Don’t ask your government for your Privacy, take it back:
- Browser Privacy: HTTPS Everywhere, AdBlock Plus + EasyList, Ghostery, NoScript (FireFox), NotScript (Chrome)
- VPNs: BTGuard (Canada), ItsHidden (Africa), Ipredator (Sweden), Faceless.me (Cyprus / Netherlands)
- Internet Anonymization: Tor, Tor Browser Bundle, I2P
- Disk Encryption: TrueCrypt (Windows / OSX / Linux), File Vault (Mac).
- File/Email Encryption: GPGTools + GPGMail (Mac), Enigmail (Windows / OSX / Linux)
- IM Encryption: Pidgin + Pidgin OTR
- IM/Voice Encryption: Mumble, Jitsi
- Phone/SMS Encryption: WhisperSystems, Ostel, Spore, Silent Circle ($$$)
- Google Alternative: DuckDuckGo
- Digital P2P Currency: BitCoin
- Live Anonymous/Secure Linux: TAILS Linux
If you have any problems installing or using the above software, please contact the projects. They would love to get feedback and help you use their software.
Just want some simple tips? Checkout EFF’s Top 12 Ways to Protect Your Online Privacy.
If you liked this comment, feel free to copy/paste it.